Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Over the last year, my closet has gone through multiple rounds of purging and reorganizing. In doing so, I realized that some of my go-to pieces (black pencil skirt, black sheath dress, black pants — are we noticing a trend here?) were looking a little worse for wear.
I’ve been keeping an eye out for basics to replace my tried-and-trues, and this wool sheath from Brooks Brothers caught my eye. The notched neckline provides a little bit of visual interest, but it’s not so eye-catching that you couldn’t wear it once a week. I also like that it’s fully lined and a perfect knee length. This is a great basic that you’ll be reaching for over and over again.
The dress is $149 at Brooks Brothers, marked down from $298, and comes in sizes 0–16. It also comes in navy, which is available in regular and petite sizes.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workwear Sales as of 6.23.21…
- Nordstrom – 3,800 new markdowns, including some great deals on beauty!
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer sale, save up to 50% off!
- Nordstrom Rack – End of Season Sale: Up to 70% off!
- Banana Republic – Extra 50% off sale styles; 30% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50-70% off almost everything
- Loft – Extra 70% off 3+ sale styles & free shipping
- Ann Taylor – Suiting separates starting at $50; up to 50% off everything else
- Ann Taylor Factory – 65% off dresses; up to 60% off latest styles; extra 15% off $100+; extra 30% off all clearance
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off; extra 10% off online