For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I always think of Theory for the stalwarts — but they also have a fresh line of suiting. To quote from their site:
Theory Project’s Spring 2023 collection captures the energy and movement of New York City through fluid fabrics, utilitarian details, and kinetic prints. Experimenting with color and silhouettes, Lucas Ossendrijver designs pieces meant to be layered together for a maximalist effect, or paired with your timeless Theory essentials for a more subtle statement.
I’m not sure I’m getting all that from the suit, but it is a nice suit with Theory quality that’s a bit different than the usual Theory fare. AND, it’s marked down! The wool gabardine stand-collar blazer was $475, but is now marked to $285 (sizes 00-12, available in the pictured “Army” as well as navy).
It looks like a lot of things from this particular collection are marked down — which isn’t that surprising (to me) looking at the way it’s been styled in the lookbook… so many WHY moments. (For example, here’s this blazer with matching skirt… with a dress layered beneath it.) For my $.02, the skirts from the collection look really nice, as well as this suiting. (I can’t decide on this dress — I feel like it could be amazing but that isn’t evident from any of the pictures.)
(Ooh: separate from the Project’s Spring 2023 collection, they have a navy seersucker suit — it’s a nice lightweight fabric for summer, and hard to find in darker colors. FYI!)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 5.2.23:
- Nordstrom – Designer sale: 4,000+ new markdowns
- Ann Taylor – Friends & Family Event: StyleRewards Early Access, 30% off your purchase
- Athleta – All sale up to 60% off
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything plus extra 20% off purchase; 50% off dresses & shorts
- Boden – Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Mid-Season Sale: Up to extra 60% off sale; up to 50% off women’s spring styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off everything
- M.Gemi – Up to 70% off
- Loft – Friends & Family Sale: 40% off your purchase, including 350+ new arrivals
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty
- Talbots – 50% off select styles; 30% off everything else