Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
Here’s a pet peeve of mine: I hate when they show winter pants with sandals. In my mind, if it’s time for corduroy or velvet pants, then it’s time to cover your toes. Thoughts?
It does feel like it’s corduroy time, sartorially at least, so it’s interesting to look around and see what’s in stores. While jeans are all over the place with cropped, flared, high-waisted, loose, straight, raw edge, split hem, etc — cords still seem to be skinny. Which, as someone who occasionally has to trudge through slush, I’m happy about.
There are a few looser cuts available for cords if you’re definitely over skinny — these straight cropped ones at J.Crew look fresh (and also avoid the “wet hem” issue in winter), while I’m not sure about these girlfriend cords with a rolled-up hem. (But Boden is showing them that way also, for what it’s worth.) If you do want a wider leg, these hot pink cords are gorgeous.
The pictured cords are AG, available in five nice colors for $188. The uber popular Kut from the Kloth cords are also back in skinny cuts this year (and new colors) in regular, petite, and plus sizes for $69.95.
(Just a note if you’re planning on wearing cords to the office — be sure you know your office! Historically, five-pocket pants like jeans and cords are generally considered Very Casual.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 10.14.21…
- Nordstrom – 1,000+ new markdowns — up to 60% off dresses, tops, jeans and more!
- Ann Taylor – Extra 40-50% off all sale styles; $50 off full-price dresses & shoes
- Loft – 50% off your purchase
- J.Crew – 40% off your purchase; extra 50-60% off sale styles
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off
- Lands’ End – Up to 40% off your order
- Eloquii – 50% off all dresses & jumpsuits;
- Anthropologie – 1,000+ new sale items