Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
This book has been on my TBR list for a few months now, and I finally read it about a week ago — I devoured it mostly in one day. I laughed a little, I cried a little, but the book’s characters had such a hold on my heart. I had gotten it out of audiobook from my library, but bought the e-book because I couldn’t wait!
(I bought it at full price, people! Usually only Ali Hazelwood or new Kresley Cole gets that from me!)
Here’s the description from Amazon:
Dr. Briana Ortiz’s life is seriously flatlining. Her divorce is just about finalized, her brother’s running out of time to find a kidney donor, and that promotion she wants? Oh, that’s probably going to the new man-doctor who’s already registering eighty-friggin’-seven on Briana’s “pain in my ass” scale. But just when all systems are set to hate, Dr. Jacob Maddox completely flips the game . . . by sending Briana a letter.
And it’s a really good letter. Like the kind that proves that Jacob isn’t actually Satan. Worse, he might be this fantastically funny and subversively likeable guy who’s terrible at first impressions. Because suddenly he and Bri are exchanging letters, sharing lunch dates in her “sob closet,” and discussing the merits of freakishly tiny horses. But when Jacob decides to give Briana the best gift imaginable—a kidney for her brother—she wonders just how she can resist this quietly sexy new doctor . . . especially when he calls in a favor she can’t refuse.
(If it matters to you, I’d put the spice level (1-5) here at 1 – very few, brief bedroom scenes, all important to the plot and not overly descriptive.)
The book is available at Amazon, as well as your your local bookseller or library.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 8.1.23:
- Nordstrom – Here are Kat’s 21 top picks for the 2023 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and all of the best business casual items!
- Ann Taylor – 50% off full-price dresses & shoes; extra 50% off all sale styles
- Athleta – Sale section up to 60% off
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything plus extra 20% off purchase
- The Fold – End of the season sale, up to 60% off
- J.Crew – 30% wear-now styles; extra 50% off select sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – 50% off shirts & tops; up to 60% off everything
- Lo & Sons – Up to 50% off summer travel essentials (through 9/11)
- Loft – End-of-Season Sale: Extra 50% off sale styles; $50 dresses
- M.M.LaFleur – “Biggest sale of the summer”
- Nordstrom Rack – New markdowns, up to 70% off sale!
- Reiss – Up to 60% off sale
- Shopbop – Up to 70% off sale 100s of sandals, slides & more
- Summersalt – Warehouse event, 25% off sitewide!
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Theory – End-of-Season Sale: Up to 60% off + extra 30% off