Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
I know we juuust had two very pink recommendations on Thursday and Friday, but: Pantone has just announced that the color of the year for 2023 will be magenta. So now is a great time to pick up some of those darker pink pieces that are still on sale from this past season.
The pictured CeCe top is one we’ve featured a bunch before because it’s a great basic for both work and play; select colors including this one are down to $48.
(There are lots of lucky sizes for a few other pieces, all on sale — more CeCe tops and dresses, Sam Edelman coats, Dress the Population dresses, and a few cute Nic & Zoe toppers.) If you’re looking for lipstick, I just got this NYX one that really does not budge and is both bold and flattering (“Another Level”) — this Glossier lipstick in “Jam” is also very magenta-y on me but much more of a buildable shade.
Readers, in general do you try to buy things that are the “color of the year” to make your wardrobe feel more on trend — or is it that you just can’t avoid the color in stores since so many brands will use that color as an accent? (Last year’s Color of the Year was lavender.) I always love to pair magenta with navy and gray, with accents like orange, red, or pastel blue — what are your favorite ways to wear magenta?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 12.2.22: (Our favorites are in bold!)
- Nordstrom – Up to 60% off, with new markdowns on coats and shoes!
- Ann Taylor – 50% off festive dressing plus 30% almost everything else
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 60% off everything plus extra 25% off $125+
- Betabrand – Up to 70% off sitewide, plus take an extra 15% off with code. Reader favorite yoga dress pants come down to around $40.
- Eddie Bauer – 40% off outdoor gifts; 60% off select camp fleece; free shipping on outerwear
- Elie Tahari – 30-50% off; Sweater Shop 40% off
- Eloquii – 60% off holiday deals; $25 select tops and sweaters
- Express – 30-50% off everything
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off sale; 30% off almost everything else
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything!
- Lands’ End – Up to 70% off your order with code – reader favorite wool dresses and pants come down to under $60 (plus sizes too!); ponte dresses start at $30.
- Loft – 40% off full-price styles plus extra 25% off Lou & Grey
- Madewell – $50 jeans plus 30% off everything else
- Neiman Marcus – 25% off select styles; 20% off select jewelry
- Talbots – 40% off entire purchase
- Universal Standard – Denim starting at $29
Gift Ideas for Men:
- American Giant – Readers have always recommended their hoodies (Kat’s husband loves his and the tees are nice also).
- Lululemon: Their pants are big sellers for men!
- Ugg – Kat’s husband loves this hoodie.