Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
What is going to be your fall “topper,” readers — the sweater or jacket that you grab to run out the door. For a few years there I loved the long Halogen sweater — easy peasy with skinny jeans, faux leather Spanx, dresses, whatever — but Halogen has had the pictured cardigan out for a year or so now, and this new flush of colors is making me ponder it.
(It also comes in black, beige and navy, but there are some super saturated colors out right now, including the pictured “blue spectrum.” It also comes in plus sizes!)
I like how lightweight it looks, and the slightly shorter length also looks great — I’d say the older Halogen sweater I loved was 4″ longer, but maybe I’m wrong.
Other options for the fall jacket include denim jackets, canvas LL Bean-type jackets, and ruanas/heavy scarves. I’m seeing a lot of people wearing dresses as jackets, too, which I kind of love but don’t have one that’s perfect yet — you can do this with either a button-front sweater dress or one of those prairie-type dresses you find at Target. How about you guys?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.17.21…
- Nordstrom – 1,000s of new markdowns!
- Neiman Marcus – Sale & clearance up to 75% off — and try code JUST4U through 9/15 to take $30-$650 off your purchase.
- Ann Taylor – 40% off your purchase
- Loft – 15% off $75, 25% off $100, 40% off $125
- Talbots – Buy one, get one 50% off
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Eloquii – bottoms starting at $29; 40% off everything else