Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Is it too early to be talking about winter-to-spring transition pieces? I’m saying no, even though spring is still a long way off in my neck of the woods. This blue tweed skirt from Talbots will work beautifully in the chilly winter months with a navy blazer and a pair of navy tights. (Spanx makes my favorite navy pair, just FYI.)
Come spring, I would probably switch it up with a tucked-in white oxford shirt and some brown penny loafers.
The skirt is $119–$139 at Talbots and comes in plus sizes 14–24, plus petite sizes 14–22, misses sizes 2–18, and petite sizes 0–16.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 2.1.23:
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off! (Kat’s note: I made a massive order a few days ago personally; lots of major markdowns with lucky sizes.)
- Ann Taylor – Up to 60% off sale styles; $50 off full-price jackets, outerwear & shoes with code
- Athleta – Sale up to 70% off
- Banana Republic Factory – 40% off everything plus extra 15% off purchase
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Everlane – Up to 70% off
- Hugo Boss – Final reductions: Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off select sale styles.
- J.Crew Factory – 40% off the vacation shop; 50% off sweaters & sweatshirts
- Talbots – End of Season Clearance: Extra 60% off markdowns
- Zappos – 21,000+ sale items (for women)!