For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I recently realized that I really like a lot of Etro’s prints — it’s a shame they’re so expensive. I was taking a swing through their collection for another story I’m working on, and this unusual pants suit came up. I love how the colors are ultimately muted and almost serene, but the pattern is really interesting — it looks so lux.
I think you could wear the blazer and pants together, or separately — I think both would look great with a lot of white (white blazer + tank + pants, white tank + white pants + blazer), but I think it would be so easy to pick out that dusty blue or even the slightly warmer pink and have fun with a more complicated outfit.
(There’s an absolutely stunning fit & flare dress in a similar pattern… if I could wear beige I might just have to stalk that one on sale.)
It’s difficult to find very similar options in lower price points, but in the same general ballpark, you might try this Banana Republic Factory linen suit in a pale blue print, the blazer from this affordable ASOS shorts suit (sigh) (in regular and plus sizes), or (much brighter) this blue floral drapey suit from J.Crew.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 4.18.23:
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 70% off
- Ann Taylor – Mid-Season Sale: Extra 40% off sale styles; 30% off shoes & accessories
- Athleta – All sale up to 60% off
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 20% off purchase
- Boden – Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Mid-Season Sale: Up to 60% off everything (through 5/2); 30% off your purchase with code; up to 50% off swim & more
- J.Crew Factory – 60% off 100s of styles (through 4/20); 50% off dresses; extra 50% off clearance
- Madewell – Spring Stock-Up Event: 20% of $100+; 30% off $200+
- M.Gemi – Extra 20% off sitewide for their birthday sale
- Loft – Mid-Season Sale: Up to 50% off sale prices (through 4/23)
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty, and 30% off all Sephora Collection items
- Talbots – Super Spring Sale: 30% off select styles (through 4/23); extra 40% off markdowns (through 4/19)