Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Up until this year, I tended to veer towards mostly dresses and skirts for my work wardrobe. As with just about every facet of my life, 2020 has upended that trend. Much to the chagrin of some of my more formal colleagues, I don’t see any need to get quite as dressed up when not many people are seeing me from the waist down. It’s been over seven months since I wore pantyhose, and I feel great about it.
These plaid, wide-leg pants are just the sort of thing I’ve been slowly integrating into my wardrobe. I would have them hemmed to wear with a pointy-toed flat and would wear them with black, ivory, or jewel-toned tops.
The pants are $1,195 and available in sizes 14–18. Tartan Trouser
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail email@example.com.
Workwear Sales of Note (11/2/20):
- Saks OFF 5TH – New markdowns: Up to 80% off! (Nice deals on Theory, Stuart Weitzman, and St. John!)
- Boden – 15% off — and I just updated links in our post on how to build a work wardrobe at Boden. (Nordstrom is matching prices if you prefer to buy there.)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50-70% off all sale styles
- Talbots – Fall Sale: Up to 40% off select styles
- Lo & Sons – Early Bird Sale: 40% off everything above $50
- Neiman Marcus – Fall Sale: Up to 40% off
- Full Beauty – Just FYI, there’s a full suit down to $17?! Pink or lavender, size 16W-32W
Reader Favorites on Sale:
- Tumi on sale, up to 40% off!
- Aquatalia boots on sale, some down to $199
- Caslon joggers on sale for $35 and up
- (I’m always on the hunt for these — some great belts for dresses on sale!)