Hi ladies! Summer will be here before we know it, and that means it’s shorts-wearing weather. Shorts are great when the weather heats up, and today I’ve got 5 tips for wearing shorts to help you look and feel your best.
First, don’t wear shorts if you don’t want to wear them. There are lots of options, like a lightweight dress.
Dresses are comfortable, and there are so many casual options that work great in the summertime. This dress from Amazon comes in so many colors. It has short sleeves and buttons up in the front.
I love this Old Navy dress; it’s lightweight with long sleeves.
Lightweight pants are another option. These linen pants from Gap Factory are a summer staple.
Lastly, white jeans are summery and a great alternative to shorts.
Here are 5 Tips for Wearing Shorts
1. Wear self-tanner. Self-tanner hides imperfections, and I always feel better when my legs aren’t so pale. I shared some of the best self-tanners in this post HERE.
2. Find shorts that fit you well. Don’t wear shorts that are too tight or too baggy. You can size up from your regular size if needed, so they aren’t too tight.
3. Inseam is always a big issue for most women over 40. There’s no hard-fast rule, and it depends on your height and body type as to what length will look best on you. Typically shorts are short (3½” – 4″ inseam), mid-length (5″-7″), or Bermuda (9″-11″).
I’m 5’5″ and prefer a 4 or 5-inch inseam.
4. Pay attention to the leg opening. I don’t like the leg opening too tight because it accentuates the largest part of my leg.
Denim Shorts (4)
5. Consider your body type, accentuate the positive, and minimize the problem areas.
- Tall ladies typically look great in bermuda shorts.
- Short ladies with short legs should stay away from bermuda shorts.
- If you’re curvy, high-waisted shorts are your friend. They accentuate your waistline.
- If you have a boyish figure (straight up and down), you can add details to your shorts—cute pockets on the backside with detail.
- Apple shape ladies typically have good legs, so accentuate the positive with dark wash jeans with a cuff.
Bonus tip: Always wear light-colored sandals with your shorts to create longer legs.
Makeup Products To Make Your Legs Look Flawless
Many of us have skin imperfections like stretch marks, dark spots, and varicose veins. You can achieve more flawless-looking skin with leg makeup that’s dedicated to full-body coverage.
Here are some options with good reviews: (the dermablend setting powder is used after applying the leg makeup)
Do you have any tips to share?
Beauty for the Heart~~ Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12 NIV
Truth: Most of us have suffered with hope deferred. Over the last few years, we’ve dealt with a pandemic, we have shootings and social unrest, and there’s the fear of inflation and limited food supplies. We all long for “normal,” and it’s continually deferred.
Who knows what normal looks like, but thankfully our hope is not in the “normal”; it’s in Jesus.
But the Lord is to be our only hope, our ever-present! He is never deferred. We have access to Him 24/7, and his presence is not limited by any circumstance or atmosphere of unrest. He is our tree of life! -Kristin Knipp
Let your beauty shine from the inside out today!
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. For more information on what that means, see my Privacy page.